[ 1 ]
    17% [17%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Tainted~Monkey
    NBN Owner
    NBN Owner

Who is winning the console war?

Post  Tainted~Monkey on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:34 am

Who is winning the console war? Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft? Who do you think is ahead of the game and will cone out as number 1 this gen?

Make sure you tell us why you chose who you chose.

---------------

I personally believe Sony us winning, maybe not right now, but the popularity of the PS3 is rising fast, especially with the recent price cut of the PS3 slim.

Mechanically the PS3 is more powerful than the 360 and way more powerful than the Wii. Also it lacks the problems of the 360. So what if it has really no great games. It's getting better with the upcoming release of Tekken 6.

Look at the PS2, it was BY FAR the most successful console of last gen. The PS2 still sells millions of systems a year. Sony is selling more PS2s than PS3s (which I predict will change with the recent price drop). The PS3 is a powerful hardware. I need to get my hands on one before I get left in the dust.

ReDhEaVeN
    Administrators
    Administrators

Re: Who is winning the console war?

Post  ReDhEaVeN on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Nintendo Regardless.

qwertyuiop
    Administrators
    Administrators

Post  qwertyuiop on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Microsoft, most definitely

With Project Natal coming out soon, that is what sets it

I would say Ninty, but they're too damn quick to things.
    Of course, they came out with the Wii, the motion sensored revolution
    Immediately after, Microsoft and Sony were taking their time building up a new console, and seen that so they decided to make a better gaming system.

If nintendo would slow the hell down on making gaming systems, then they would be ahead.

Every time they barely improve a gaming system they make, they'll re-release it with an improved version, as pitifully shown by DS - DSi - DSi2(or whatever its called)
    From DS - DSi, ok, that is understandable. But coming out with another, BIGGER, DSi? No. They shouldn't have. It's more annoying than a person like me releasing a code, but finding one itsybitsy flaw in it and immediately fixing it, then releasing the improved code every other 5 minutes.

And lets not get started on older systems.

Rather than improving their system and re releasing a new, better, version, they should actually build up to a new system instead

JAP★ememuo

Post  JAP★ememuo on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:32 am

I would say Nintendo because Microsoft Bans you with no reason, Sony doesn't have good games and Nintendo offer good stuff.
    Sly_Frye

Post  Sly_Frye on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Nintendo has been winning the console war for years now since the Wii has come out. The one and only system that's been outselling it over the years was the DS Lite. I don't know what the statistics are right now, but that is what the statistics I read were over the years. In home consoles PS3 last time I checked was in 3rd , but not far behind the 360. The Wii was over twice as many units ahead in consoles sold.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 am